Saturday, July 18, 2009

Fatherhood




I dream of being a great father like my own dad. He is a great father and I will always remember him as a great father. He is a great father because he loves his children unconditionally, sacrifice for them and never lost hope in his children. My dad didn't have a car or big house and all he has just a small house with one room. He is a great dad because even with his small income he can send all his children to university. I don't know how much he has to sacrifice but I am sure that I never heard he complaint about that. I don't know how he can handle all the stresses and financial challenges to grow up his children. I am amazed by his toughness and perseverance. I know I am nowhere near to his level. My father is getting old now but he is still strong and he never called his children once asking for money. He has his financial freedom even before I graduated from University and I am so proud of him. I am not sure how he manage his money but I am sure that he keep on telling me to get away from credit card and try to settle my loan as early as possible.

Now I am also a father to my three children. I understand that being a father is not as easy as what I think. My own father make it look so easy that I even thought it is an easy task. In reality it is not easy task. There are a lot of responsibilities that you have to carry as a father. You want to make sure your children get the best education, they grow up healthy and happy. Nowadays, I seldom see great father anymore. "Modern fathers" spent long hours in their office, come back home tired and stressful. They have very limited time to spend with their children, less conversation with their love one and bad listener. I don't want to be one of those kind of "modern father". I want to be a great father like my Dad.

I remembered my Dad told me that you have to treat your children like close friend when they are small. You have to play with them like you are one of them. Really enjoy what ever stuff that you do with them like your really enjoy it. When they grow up, you have to be their best friend and a good listener. Be their close friend like you are really their best buddy who they can share anything with you without any pre-assumption judgement. I want to be this type of father and I am doing all my best to be at that level.

For those who enjoy being a father, I suggest you to read a good book by Tony Parson entitled Man & Boy. This is a great book for all father out there.

2 comments:

Your OnE n OnLy WiFe said...

You're the Greatest DaD in this WorLD! Thanx for ur love n care all this while...We LOVE u very MucH!!! Muahhsss

piNcherfly said...

cooL daddy like the one in The PACIFIER!!

yeahh!~

hee

=D